So many of my clients as part of their blood type diet are recommended not to use chickpeas anymore. I must admit that this was one the hardest things for me to give up – and I am not alone. But don’t despair.
Bean Dip: (basic recipe)
- 1 can of highly beneficial or neutral beans
- 1 heaped tablespoon of hulled tahini
- 1/2 to 1 lemon (juiced)
- 1 clove garlic
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup highly beneficial oil
Throw all ingredients into a food processor and blend ’til creamy. If dip is dry, you can add more lemon to taste, or more oil, or a splash of water to get the consistency light and fluffy.
This is a very versatile base for any dip! Why not try some of these additions to keep your family excited. Oh and mum’s – it is a great place to hide LOADS of veg!
- 1 cup of baked pumpkin
- 1 cup of fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup parsley
- 1+ cups baked beetroot
- 1 whole steamed head of broccoli and 1/2 cup peas
- Get creative and share your ideas!